Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 04-07-2004 , 02:55 PM

Model flies apart

I have a model with several other models attached. Say for instance it is a car and I have modeled the basic body, but I have modeled the wheels, fenders and headlights separately. Then when I go to rotate the entire car for animation purposes, all the pieces do not stay intact with the model, they all go their own way, flying apart. What is the best way to correct this behaviour? It is very frustrating. user added image Thanks!

# 2 04-07-2004 , 03:05 PM
The Maya Mountain
Probably want to group it all together.

# 3 04-07-2004 , 03:27 PM

RE: model flying apart

NO WAY!!!

I swear I tried that before.user added image

Thanks Mike, you have saved me countless hours of compensating with camera movements (yes that is what I've been doing instead of moving the model!)....now....where is that embarressment icon....ah, there it is....:o

# 4 04-07-2004 , 03:47 PM
Subscriber
Guess you have to freeze transformations for all the objects

Today man, tomorrow bird...i already have the plumage
# 5 04-07-2004 , 04:02 PM
hmmm....perhaps I spoke too soon. I have some objects with pivots attached and they got weird on me when I grouped the model together. When I try to put them back in their proper place, the geometry deforms. Will that freeze transformations help that problem? Thx.

-- dvnobles
# 6 04-07-2004 , 04:03 PM
The Maya Mountain
Might need to unparent, ungroup everything, and then just give it one group. When you have multiple objects parented, grouped, etc, things can get funky sometimes.