Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 11-10-2004 , 04:59 PM

blendshape causes skin to move to blendshape pose problem

Hi everyone,

I'm having a small (read: LARGE) problem with one of my animations I have to do for uni. The problem is this. I've created my blendshapes for some facial animations. I've done facial tests to make sure they all work and the work fine. That is, they work fine on a model that doesnt move.

When I try to animate one of my characters doing a walk or just turning for that matter and actually doing a facial expression as well, the facial expression seems to cause the skin of the character's current pose to move to the pose of the blendshape i created..i.e. it moves the character so its standing in the position that i created the blendshape in. The skeleton with all its joints however are left in the pose that I want the character to do its facial expression in.

This is really frustrating..i've been trying to solve this for at least 4 hours now. One thing I might mention is that I didnt create the rig so I'm not completely sure what could be causing this problem.

Thanks in advance for any help. If you need a file to help me please let me know and i'll send you one.

Stacey

msn: great_expanse AT hotmail.com
# 2 11-10-2004 , 05:19 PM
Actually,

lol...about 10 minutes after i posted that.. i fixed the problem. Just to help others in the future...If you have this problem...see the response to my other question about blendshapes not attaching to skin. The post by richard is what solved this problem.

I already tried that before i posted this...but i remember i was working on a strange file from before.

Stacey

# 3 11-10-2004 , 05:26 PM
I'm glad I could help.

For future reference, you can change the order in history (on deformers, not all history nodes) by right clicking on the mesh and selecting Inputs->All Inputs. This brings up a window that shows all the objects history. Some of the deformers, like blendshapes and skin clusters can be moved with the middle mouse button. This can be used to move your blend shape node before the skin cluster if it was created in the wrong order.

Richard

----------------------------------------------
Richard Cheek
https://www.freelance-animation.com
----------------------------------------------
# 4 11-10-2004 , 10:43 PM
Hi Richard,

Thanks again for your reply. You've been really great help! I really appreciate it.

Stacey

# 5 27-04-2016 , 01:20 PM
May i know how u solve the problem? It seems that im having the same problem here.. Thank you.