Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 10-05-2007 , 12:26 AM

maya fur direction

hi guys, im having trouble using the paint attributes fur tool.

i want to comb the hair on a jacket of an eskimo model i
made.

It is set on direction and the correct fur description is selected but wen i paint on the hair to comb it only moves it very slightly and wont go any further.

thank you so much if u can help me out user added image

# 2 10-05-2007 , 10:35 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
I just saw your Eskimo WiP, looks good so far.

As for the fur direction, perhaps decrease your fur samples or density, while setting up these attrs. It looks very dense so it may be a case of computational time. Or if you are using a wacom with pressure sensativity, turn that off.

Cheers
Jay

# 3 11-05-2007 , 12:41 AM
hey thx man, my density is at 200,000 for the eskimo so i'll try that and nah not using a wacom

also if someone doesnt mind moving this thread to the effects Textures, Mapping, Fur & Paint forum then feel free to do so, sorry bout that.

# 4 11-05-2007 , 12:49 AM
hey it worked man thx heaps

# 5 11-05-2007 , 02:27 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Cool, no probs, glad to help

Jay