Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 18-08-2008 , 12:52 AM

killing particles

Hey all.
I'm working a piece that involves water running from a sink faucet.
I've reached a good point where I have the water emitting from the faucet itself, and it collides with the sink bowl to emit new particles that flow around the bowl and down the drain. Only problem is, a good chunk of the secondary particles still fall right through the sink bowl. I've messed with friction and threshold and collision events and everything the learning maya 2008 effects handbook has to offer on the subject, but no go.
When using other programs, they tend to have a particle kill function so that you can eliminate the excess particles, and I was wondering if anybody knew of this type of function in maya as to where it's or how to use it, or if there was some other way to fix my particles from falling through my sink.

# 2 18-08-2008 , 01:20 AM
Subscriber
You can make a make kill field by making it in the PP attributes but it sounds like an attenuation issue to me rather than wanting to kill them off completly. In your geoconnector attributes bump up the attenuation, it will start to slow down playback but will give you much more accurate results.

Chris