Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 07-08-2008 , 05:36 PM

OEM

Well hi again.
i saw this page www.oemsoftwaremarket.com
and i was wondering about it.
whats the diffrent between OEM and original one and is it worth to buy OEM and if it is is this Store Good?

# 2 07-08-2008 , 06:00 PM
Super Moderator
I think OEM means that basically you won't be able to upgrade and get add-ons etc. Of course I could be wrong.

- Genny
# 3 08-08-2008 , 03:53 AM

Re: OEM

Originally posted by Television
Well hi again.
i saw this page www.oemsoftwaremarket.com
and i was wondering about it.
whats the diffrent between OEM and original one and is it worth to buy OEM and if it is is this Store Good?

oemsoftwaremarket.com COOL :attn:

Ordered a lot of goods, with all it is happy.:bow:

# 4 08-08-2008 , 05:47 AM
OEM software is software that is supposed to be sold with a computer. If you buy it separately, Microsoft lawyers might come after you in their lawyer-mobile...

C. P. U. Its not a big processor... Its a series of pipes!
# 5 08-08-2008 , 06:23 AM
Subscriber
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhh???????????????????? user added image

https://www.oemsoftwaremarket.com/sof...unlimited.html

ok... that was abit over dramatic

haha, the latest version of Maya they have isn't even the latest version....

and they are still calling it Alias Maya...
last i looked Unlimited 8.5 was $4995 (i'm guessing US)

how is it they can sell for so cheap?

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 6 08-08-2008 , 09:13 AM

Originally posted by Chirone
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhh???????????????????? user added image

https://www.oemsoftwaremarket.com/sof...unlimited.html

ok... that was abit over dramatic

haha, the latest version of Maya they have isn't even the latest version....

and they are still calling it Alias Maya...
last i looked Unlimited 8.5 was $4995 (i'm guessing US)

how is it they can sell for so cheap?

Its cheap because it isn't exactly legit...

The only proper way to get OEM software (in this case Maya) is to buy a workstation from some company like BOXX that bundles Maya with their computers. If you buy it separately, you break the EULA and if Autodesk finds out, they'll probaly drag you into court.

Of course, I may be wrong. I never bothered to read Maya's EULA, but that is how OEM licenses generally works, you buy, you get cheaper, you don't buy, then it isn't legit...

# 7 08-08-2008 , 10:12 AM

Originally posted by The Architect
Its cheap because it isn't exactly legit...

The only proper way to get OEM software (in this case Maya) is to buy a workstation from some company like BOXX that bundles Maya with their computers. If you buy it separately, you break the EULA and if Autodesk finds out, they'll probaly drag you into court.

Of course, I may be wrong. I never bothered to read Maya's EULA, but that is how OEM licenses generally works, you buy, you get cheaper, you don't buy, then it isn't legit...

Nonsense. 2 months I buy, all is good. The price very good. Has bought more than 60 products.:attn:

# 8 08-08-2008 , 10:22 AM
Really?

I am babbling nonsense?

Why does every single retailer in my big fat catalog say that they do not sell OEM software without the purchase of a $1,000+ computer?

<sarcasm>I know! They must be all loonies!</sarcasm>

# 9 08-08-2008 , 10:24 AM
Subscriber
two months isn't a long time, and if such a site like this exists and is illegal then why does it exist? user added image

that is to say, why hasn't it been shut down?

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 10 08-08-2008 , 10:32 AM

two months isn't a long time, and if such a site like this exists and is illegal then why does it exist? user added image

I know many people buying at oemsoftwaremarket.com

The shop works for a long time and reliably.

# 11 08-08-2008 , 10:33 AM

Umm... Its The Internets?

# 12 08-08-2008 , 12:07 PM
Hello everyone. Just registered to post the comment about my experience with oemsoftwaremarket.com.

Actually i'd never buy softwares via internet except than through official manufacturer if it wasn't my friend's advice who bought windows vista through oemsoftwaremarket and was completely satisfied with it. So i bought the same product to finally make software upgrate for my laptop. The second thought i had about that is to find out, isn't it some sort of primitive scam with sending identical corporate serials to all customers, but it's really not. After the purchase i got my personal serial number and i'm having no problems with it. Vista updating just the same as it is with retail version, so u're just not getting beautiful software package and paper for recycling which i don't really need.

# 13 08-08-2008 , 12:10 PM
As far as i know, when it comes to OEM cg software most of it is illegal, be very wary. If you have concerns just call up autodesk and ask them if they have any advice on it.

Are plenty of articles on the net warning of this kind of thing, just because it works doesnt make it legal.

# 14 08-08-2008 , 12:21 PM
An account being created for the sole purpose of preaching how good buying OEM software is just a tad suspicious, don't you think?

Are we being targeted by subtle advertising here or something?

# 15 08-08-2008 , 12:57 PM
Ok, it's up to you to think of it that way. I've been always spending significant part of my salary to retail softwares and it pissed me off when i received the order it came with small box inside big box, user's guide, separate installation guide, bunch of cd's with manufacturer demo products and so on. In addition there is often mentioned free shipping which is just included in product price and you pay for it anyway. It's no good for me to pay threefold or x4 for that. When manufacturer consider possible to offer cheap prices to be in kit with computer why I can't buy oem softwares separately?

This board i found exactly searching for more opinions about oemsoftwaremarket.com, and it's ok to see negative, but i just no like someone writing unfavourable comment not even trying this shop.

And yeah, i stop protecting oem stores, or you will claim me again as "subtle advertiser".