Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 13-11-2009 , 04:21 AM
EduSciVis-er

geometry pops off joint during playback

Hey,
Got a question that I'm sure is somewhat common, and I've had it happen before but didn't come up with a fix. I've got a piece of geometry smooth bound to a joint. When I playback or even just hit rewind without playing anything, it pops to a different location. Anyone know the cause? Is it a matter of freezing the transformations before binding? It doesn't happen to other geometry that's bound in an identical way.

Thanks for any help.
Stuart

# 2 18-11-2009 , 06:05 AM
EduSciVis-er
Alright, I found the solution. Something really weird. I didn't make the model, but there was apparently some plane that didn't exist anymore with inputs into the transform channels. I found the inputs in the hypergraph and broke the connections. No idea how that could have happened. Thanks for nothing guys! :p No, seriously, I don't think anyone could have guessed what the problem was without digging through the hypergraph.

# 3 18-11-2009 , 07:35 AM
Subscriber
glad we could help!

user added image

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D