Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 27-03-2003 , 05:46 PM

I lost my hyperhade menu...

Hi there,

I got a real strange problem... When I try to open my hypershade it does not appear anywhere! I can only get my hypershade when I open it in the side-, front- or top-view...

Maya gives no error messages anymore.. On the first attempt it said: Warning: Panel size cannot accommodate all requested Heads Up Display elements.
On the secondattempt maya 4.5 said the following: Warning: Can't use Hypershade. Panel is torn off. (!!!) yeah you read it right... it said TORN off..
Now Maya doesn't give any messages or reaction when I try to open my hypershade menu... Can somebody please give me an explaination from what's going on, this is really frustrating

The Hypershade menu always worked perfectly...

Thanx, Bastiaan user added image

# 2 27-03-2003 , 06:53 PM
The only thing i can think of is this:

Go to Show>All

If not, go Panels>Panel>Hypershade

Hope it helps. its hard to find the fixer if i dont have mine broken too.user added image

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 3 27-03-2003 , 07:01 PM
if that doesn't work just delete preferences. Hapens to me sometimes, this allways works for me.

My doccuments>maya> 4.5 (version that you have)>prefs> then delete user Prefs. a new one will pop up when you restart Maya.

Hope this helps!
Brian

All else fails, delete prefs, it fixes all kinds of stuff, if stuff starts disapearing. user added image almost like Ducktape. user added image

Please check
My (old) website!
# 4 27-03-2003 , 07:13 PM
Man your the best! Finally my hypershade works again!! yeeha!!

:banana: user added image

Let the modeling/texturing continue!!

greets bastiaan!

# 5 27-03-2003 , 07:13 PM
The Maya Mountain
It's possible that it is "off screen" somewhere. Also, possible that it has been minimized at the bottom of the screen. In XP, that happens sometimes and you've got to manually resize it.

# 6 27-03-2003 , 07:21 PM
Subscriber
yeah that sucks in XP, happens all too often!!!

cheers

Rich