Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 18-11-2003 , 06:35 AM

lattice point trouble

OK, here goes:

I've got a lofted surface that looks kinda like a box. I need to lattice it and make it squish down, but two rows of lattice points in the middle aren't responding to movement or scaling. When I try, the shading changes on the lofted surface, but it doesn't move. The rest of the lattice points respond fine to manipulation, but those two rows won't. I don't know what could make only some of the lattice points stop responding.

BTW, i'm doing project #2 in Learning Maya 5: Foundation (lesson 10).

# 2 18-11-2003 , 02:28 PM
Subscriber
very strange. is your box poly nurbs or sub D? and how many divisions do you have in the box and the lattice?

<html><font size=2>
<font color="blue">
And after calming me down with some orange slices and some fetal spooning,
E.T. revealed to me his singular purpose.

--TOOL, 10,000 Days---

</font></pre>
</html>
# 3 18-11-2003 , 05:07 PM
It was divisions! I rebuilt the surface with more divisions and everything worked fine.

Gracias