Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 05-04-2006 , 08:19 AM

Image Plane Zoom Distortion Problem

When i zoom in on a polygon object for example to move vertices in line with an image plane the image plane starts to shrink/distort makin it impossible to line vertices up correctly. This has only just started happening recently which makes me think I must have changed a setting. Help!! :headbang:

# 2 05-04-2006 , 03:46 PM
Subscriber
don't have maya in front of me right now...select your camera...there should be an attribute in the image plane area that allows you to scale with the camera...or something along those lines...just disable that.

# 3 06-04-2006 , 08:30 AM

STILL NOT WORKING... couldn't find scale image attribute.

still not working. the image doesn't distort all the time... just when i start getting really close in it begins to shrink. HELP!!!:headbang:

# 4 06-04-2006 , 08:49 AM

HELP!!

could it possibly be a graphics card problem? i recently upgraded my graphics card to a POWERCOLOR Radeon 9550.

# 5 06-04-2006 , 01:12 PM
Subscriber
go ahead and get the latest drivers...see if that fixes the problem. If u want a workaround for now though, just create a polygon plane with the same dimensions as your image (use the inch measurement) and apply a texture with that file to the plane. This'll give you more control over the image plane anyway.

# 6 06-04-2006 , 02:36 PM
Subscriber
yep, using image planes is the only way to get around this problem, seems to be Radeon's problem as it happens on my laptop with a radeon card