Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 17-04-2015 , 06:17 PM

Texture has lower details from certain angles

Hi,

I am experiencing strange issue, while rendering textures under certain angle. Details are cut in the part of one face, one part looks normal, the other one always further from camera, seems to loose much of its details. It is classic lambert material with bumping and the color is connected to contrast, but both nodes has no effect on result when I disconnect them. I thought it might be caused by sampling, but I used very high rendering details and still same effect. So maybe it could be something with mipmapping, but don't know, really have no clue, anyway I was not able to find something related to this issue on google, so I am asking there. Thank you for response.

From the bad angle:
https://ctrlv.cz/en/EKFQ

from the good angle:
https://ctrlv.cz/en/e1Se

Thank you.

# 2 17-04-2015 , 06:22 PM
The thin red line
Have you UVed the model.................dave

# 3 17-04-2015 , 06:32 PM
Yes I have, but I may try to remap to be sure.

was not that problem... user added image but good idea!
I was not sure first because on this object I used boleans after creating UV. But it appears also on objects, which use different material (but again lambert, and texture) the roofs to be specific. And the roofs were remaped by planar mapping face by face at the end of modifications.

Last edited by Kusras; 17-04-2015 at 07:04 PM.
# 4 17-04-2015 , 07:13 PM
The thin red line
I still think its a UV problem but it might be the mesh it self as you ran a Boolean on it, try cleaning the mesh by running the "cleanup" in the mesh menu.................dave

# 5 17-04-2015 , 08:17 PM
Well you were right user added image But strange is that clean up did not help, maybe it was too much badass mesh for a poor cleanup... but what worked fine was extracting that face of the mesh user added image

Thank you a lot Dave.