View Poll Results: What OS do you use?
SGI 1 7.14%
Mac 4 28.57%
Linux 1 7.14%
PC 9 64.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 07-03-2003 , 02:03 AM
Subscriber

All Users

Due to some only for PC Users related topics/software/download, etc. I use this opportunity to post a poll to find out on which OS you are running Maya. Please comment also on problems you have encoutered.
What do you think about a seperate forum?
I myself am running Maya both on a SGI (O2) and Mac.
Any reply welcome
-------
Axel

When the only tool you use is a hammer, every problem begins to look like a nail.

Last edited by Axel; 07-03-2003 at 02:29 AM.
# 2 07-03-2003 , 03:31 AM
I'm a Mac user. I've always had a Mac, and it's my preferred choice. But, I also have a Windows machine.

Realistically, I could use any computer and get my work done. I just like my Powerbook better. user added image

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 3 07-03-2003 , 03:45 AM
I use PC. Was my first computer. I started on a 386 IBM PS/II. Used PC ever since. Except in high school, they used Macs. But always understood the PC enviroment better and felt more comfortable with it.

Don't see much use of change now.

- Matt
# 4 07-03-2003 , 03:54 AM
SM Tea Boy
Linux user, OSX is ok, my personal preference would be for slackware followed by freeBSD but then I probably want something a bit different out of my machine than most of you guys user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 5 07-03-2003 , 03:56 AM
I've always used PC's, there so much easier & simple than the Mac. I use PC & Macs at college, but mostly Macs. I've only used Maya on PC so i cant compare. there may be nothing to compare. I do wanna try Linux sometime in the future.

What the hell in SGI. I've heard of it, but what it like. (The UI look, is it more like a Mac or PC...etc)

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....
# 6 07-03-2003 , 03:57 AM
I want a system like they have in Minority Report -- actually "grabbing" stuff and moving them around. That would make my day. user added image

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 7 07-03-2003 , 05:08 AM
I'll have to go with the exact opposite of what Danny first said.

The same "whatever they want me to use" thoughts and feelings, only I "prefer" my pc is alluser added image

And speaking of Minority Report...
I also, would LOVE to simply speak out loud, and move files and folders around with my hands, OR eyes!

That was one of the MOST visually appealing gui's I've ever seen.

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com