Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 07-11-2003 , 05:07 AM
Subscriber

mechanical aircraft modeling help

Hi Everyone,

Ok so I thought I would take a stab at trying to model something to get me used to the tools outside of doing a bunch of tutorials...so that I better understand what it is I am doing.

So here's my pic. I thought I would try something mechanical as it could have all the elements to speed along learning. Ok so I picked a spaceship...

At first I contemplated polys but then decided against it as ( I think) I will run into smoothing problems especially near the cockpit and window areas..

So I figured nurbs was the way to go as I figured that I could model out the cockpit seperately and then stitch it to the fuselage later.... but i think my curves turned out rather lousy after my initial loft.

So my question is 2 fold. What's the best method here that I should use to tackle this and why?

Anyone have any luck with modeling this type of stuff as I would love to see some with brief explanations for a Noob as to how you
basicly modeled it.

user added image

Thanks Grayth