Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 91 04-09-2009 , 01:00 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by hammer.horror
is it just me or is he a bit cross eyed?

ah yes, that's what i meant

you're pretty good with the zbrush mastone, nice work user added image

i assume you're going to get round to changing the armpit on his shirt later user added image

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 92 04-09-2009 , 07:50 PM
The thin red line

Last edited by daverave; 04-09-2009 at 09:27 PM.
# 93 05-09-2009 , 11:30 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
@chirone; thanks and he isn't crosseyed anymore thanks to that excellent tip I got from DJ Blaze

@daverave; You mean if I could do it or is it a question in general, only joking offcourse .
For your information in maya it's called a subsurfacescattering shader and to be quite honest I have never done a character with this thing did a testrender of a grape once with sss, I will definitely give it a serious go, who knows maybe I"ll learn from it, thanks for the heads up

I have did a couple of stuff all over the model and various subtools trying to layer in the details, let me know what you guys think i also did some small reshaping and detailing of his face and made some asymmetry in it

Attached Thumbnails
# 94 05-09-2009 , 11:31 PM
# 95 06-09-2009 , 01:32 PM
The thin red line
Hi again
I think your model looks great, the is a free tutorial on fast skin (found out the name after you pointed me in the right direction) at gnomon work shop looks very full tutorial you just have to signe in (free) dave

# 96 06-09-2009 , 01:53 PM
ok mate ... you have some really eye kicking mistakes @ the cloth the flow of the clothe @ the hands must not be like that ... and the pants is the same use some google reffs of how the cloth behave on human...

Fix this and go on user added image

# 97 06-09-2009 , 04:57 PM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!

Originally posted by ColdWave
... you have some really eye kicking mistakes

LMAO! What would we do without Coldwave?

There would be no reason to come to the forums without him.

A agree that some of the cloth needs a bit of work, but it's not that bad right now. The only thing that still gets me is the fact he seems to have a small body (torso) under that shirt. I think he might need plumping up some.

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 98 06-09-2009 , 05:35 PM

Originally posted by Mayaniac
LMAO! What would we do without Coldwave?

There would be no reason to come to the forums without him.

MayaNIAC i never make some bad comments or been rude to you right ? So don't make fun of me coz i'm not in good mood. OK ? This is not your first time you know!

on the thread

I make fast sketch up

Red spots = need work with the flow. Main mistake is your cloth flow end ... they are too sharp just stand up and check out how your shirts edge flows end up. Yes there is some strength but yours is too much.

Green spots = good flow just keep it like that.

What i mean is try to think how the cloth will fall. His hands are in T pose so the cloth will do like in picture 2.
The big part of the sleeve will be going down and the upper part will fallow the arm structure.

THIS IS ONLY MY OPINION I MAY BE VERY WRONG SO IF YOU THINK SO DON'T LISTEN TO ME.

Is that ok for you Mayaniac ?

I make everything a bit fast but i think you get what i mean.

p.s I know you are working hard mastone and you want to get into the industry ( or you don't ) so i give critics to be better ... if you find my critics wrong ok. If i helped it's cool i'm not the best artist you know me ... but i'm trying just like you .... Keep it up... I won't post again !

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by ColdWave; 06-09-2009 at 05:38 PM.
# 99 06-09-2009 , 07:03 PM
Hey please people take a chill pill please very long toes here

@ daverave;
thanks

@ Mayaniac;
I really don't want to make him to buff like superhero buff just a regular joe with a bullwhip user added image

@Coldwave;
Thanks for your comments and yes I want to get into the industry (not at all costs however I want to enjoy what I do so rather fun stuff at a small studio than pointless grueling work at a large studio where you are a number),
I appreciate the comments I don't get the drawover to be quite honest I agree with you however that there is still something not right with the look of the model.
I have made some progress but I had a ZBrush crash so it got lossed :angery:
And just relax mayaniac doesn't mean it like that user added image

# 100 06-09-2009 , 09:13 PM
Subscriber
sweet work mastone! i wouldn't have noticed the funkyness in the cloth if it wasn't pointed out because i thought it was good as it is/was :p

Originally posted by ColdWave
MayaNIAC i never make some bad comments or been rude to you right ? So don't make fun of me coz i'm not in good mood. OK ? This is not your first time you know!

he was saying you're funny like a comedian and that you're a good reason to come because you give such interesting comments user added image
mayaniac isn't one to be sarcastic on the forums

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 101 06-09-2009 , 09:22 PM
The Nurb Herd
i like it. user added image

...he could have a bit of a camel tail developing if you are not careful!

# 102 06-09-2009 , 09:23 PM
If it is like that sorry i'm just in very bad mood and I don't get jokes right now.

# 103 06-09-2009 , 10:34 PM

Originally posted by hammer.horror
i like it. user added image

...he could have a bit of a camel tail developing if you are not careful!

LOL, you mean because of all the "bumpy" folds right?(Just want to make sure I get it :p )
I agree on that I am trying to guard against making him look like a camel user added image

I just have to do a quick polish on the shirt and will probably use the pinchbrush with that very often

Thanks for all the comments guys

user added image

# 104 08-09-2009 , 10:41 PM
I have taken the model back into maya to check up if it looks acceptable in Maya aswell I think it looks pretty good, see no major mistakes anymore

Attached Thumbnails
# 105 08-09-2009 , 11:13 PM
The Nurb Herd
hehe, camel tail is the male version of camel toe. user added image

...model looks good, are you going to rig it?