Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 196 29-10-2003 , 10:51 PM
Subscriber
sorry forgot to attatch the file, i'll also have to upload the pic i used for the pavement.

CASTING CALL does anyone want to make some asset art for this project? I'm looking for buildings, signs, trashcans dumsters, anything you'd find lying around a city block. Please email me mrcoolbp@phreaker.net

Attached Files
File Type: mb street1.mb (1.09 MB, 233 views)

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2
# 197 30-10-2003 , 04:47 AM
umm.. they do make White Underbody Neons for your car.. lol
my friend has a pair.. and i might get white for my real car.. that or blue... Either way.. totally illegal here in vancouver

-- Why is it snowing rain --
AIM: SnowboarderCF
# 198 31-10-2003 , 04:29 AM
Simply Maya OG
hehe. I didnt know they made white hovers. Thnx for letting me know Forum. user added image Theyre illegal over in 'couver, eh? Sux for you man. Theyre legal here in NY, just as long as the actual light itself cant be seen. Thinking about getting a set of red ones for my car. user added image

- Hybrid
# 199 01-11-2003 , 09:46 PM
i suppose i should post some updates... maybe later tonight after i get some work done on my real car.. lol

# 200 01-12-2003 , 04:05 AM
Simply Maya OG
Wow. Long time no post, eh guys? Well, finished with the Nissan Silvia. Started on a Honda Accord. (About 2 hours of work or so). Love these things user added image Right now, Im just working on cars untill the scenery is done. user added image

Attached Thumbnails

- Hybrid
# 201 08-12-2003 , 01:47 AM
Simply Maya OG
Update. Comming along nicely, I think. What do you guys think about it? user added image

Attached Thumbnails

- Hybrid
# 202 08-12-2003 , 03:27 AM
Subscriber
In regards to your 'casting call', are you looking for completed assets (UV mapped w/ textures etc) or is geometry more of what you're looking for? If geometry is what you want, I'd be happy to help out. If you need finished assets I might be willing / able to do that also. Post what you need...

Also, what level of detail are you aiming for? For instance will there be closeups of the sets, or will the majority of the animation be birds-eye view type stuff?

BTW I like what I've seen from you guys so far. Keep up the good work.

Last edited by Nailed; 08-12-2003 at 03:30 AM.
# 203 08-12-2003 , 04:37 AM
Simply Maya OG
If you would like to UV map w/textures, go right ahead. It will just save us time. As for close ups and all, some scenes will be close ups, and others will be birds eye view type. So you can make it as detailed as you like. As for my Accord is, heres the latest update, with a temporary set of rims. user added image

Attached Thumbnails

- Hybrid
# 204 08-12-2003 , 08:28 AM
brid, i actually like those rimsuser added image.. lol i know its pathetic, but youve seen my attempt at rims...

Ide be glad to make anything i could, although im super new to maya.. so if you need a square, maybe a cylinder... i might be able to pull it off. No textures though. lol.

But if you need idea help im here for you.

Weird i was like the second person to post in this thread and not a word till page 14 like 5 months later... lol. I guess im the only one that finds that amusing.

# 205 08-12-2003 , 03:13 PM
Subscriber
Okay is anyone else gonna take a crack at the streetscene.mb, i uploaded it here a little while ago and was thinking that brid or someone was gonna play with it, if not i can go back to work, but only one can work on the file at once.

As for building seperate peices for import anything and everything is welcome, preferably with highres, near photoreal quality textures. But WELL TAKE ANYTHING!! We need any little object you'd find in a city, street signs, dumpsters, store window textures, store sign textures, graffiti textures (large highres!) newstands, hotdog stands whatever you can thinkof, or if you live in a city, anything you can see!

To all of you with digicams and a few megapixels to kick around, try taking some nice flat pictures of the things i said above, or of anything in a city! I've run out of inspiration and the google image search isn't helping!

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2
# 206 08-12-2003 , 04:31 PM
can I have my tank roll along your street and knock some cars around user added image

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 207 08-12-2003 , 07:17 PM
man.. i really need to get some work done.. but i am distracted by my new car user added image Must not give into the engine calling me...

# 208 09-12-2003 , 01:29 PM
Simply Maya OG
Yes, you need to get some modeling done man! user added image

- Hybrid
# 209 11-12-2003 , 02:43 AM

Originally posted by Vectorman
Okay is anyone else gonna take a crack at the streetscene.mb, i uploaded it here a little while ago and was thinking that brid or someone was gonna play with it, if not i can go back to work, but only one can work on the file at once.

I might take a crack at the street.mb file. Have there been any other updates to it since you posted it? If not, I will start fiddling with it tomorrow, but I have some character rigging work I need to get done first.

------
AlphaJoe
# 210 15-12-2003 , 05:16 PM
Simply Maya OG
AlphaJoe, as far as I know, its the latest. Havent heard from Vec in awhile, so....Im assuming it is. As far as my Accord is comming....user added image

Attached Thumbnails

- Hybrid