Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 14-03-2012 , 07:34 AM

How can I combine the animations of multiple .dae files into one timeline?

I am developing a game using the Unity engine. Unity accepts the .fbx format, which can contain animation but is limited to a single timeline.

I have produced many separate animations in Maya and saved them all individually as .dae files. Now, I need to combine all of those animations into one single timeline. For example:

Animation_1.dae is 100 frames long. Animation_2.dae is 50 frames long. My objective is to combine both of them into a single Maya scene that is 150 frames long, where Animation_2 starts at frame 100 and lasts until frame 150.

Is this possible? If so, how can I accomplish this? I have a very large number of separate animations that I must compile into one timeline. The end result will ultimately be exported as an .fbx.

Thank you for your time.