Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 30-05-2012 , 12:09 AM

Maya moves objects in all directions

Hi! I have a huge problem. Whenever I want to move an object in Maya, if its in the Z-axis or Y-axis or X-axis it moves the object in all of those. I haven´t had this problem before. It´s like one day Maya said screw you! And went bananas.

I´ve tried deleting history of the object. (Which makes no sense because it does this to newly created objects also.)
I´ve tried googling it but haven´t found any solutions.
I tried reinstalling it but that did not help.

I'm using a Mac OSX 10.6.8 64bit.
Maya version is 2012.

I installed it on another Mac (Not my Mac so can´t be using that one.) and it works fine.

user added image

Oh and I don´t have a pet and I haven´t eaten any goldfish so I cant really say user added image

Last edited by Lesk; 30-05-2012 at 12:16 AM.
# 2 30-05-2012 , 01:52 AM
lolwat? Hmmmmm... checked your move tool settings? are you running any custom scripts? never seen that one before. Trash prefs (backup, then trash)? That's just weird.

--
Peter Srinivasan
Producer
# 3 30-05-2012 , 02:01 AM
EduSciVis-er
As peter says, try changing your move tool settings to world. If it's already in world mode, then that is very strange.

# 4 30-05-2012 , 08:29 PM
Yes! Thank you so much! user added image

I had no thought of checking the settings for the move tool. Gaah I´m dumb ^^
Somehow it was set to Custom axis orientation and I changed it back to world and now it works just like before!

user added image = Me furiously kneeing for you ^^