Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 16 28-04-2003 , 04:30 AM
No, but now that I'm not drinking, hehe.. *hick*
I just realized that you wrote that the files are already in .wma formatuser added image

Sorry... my bad.

For that, I would suggest maybe a demo of Sound Forge?

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 17 28-04-2003 , 04:36 AM
The Maya Mountain
perhaps Camtasia Producer?

# 18 28-04-2003 , 10:57 AM
Subscriber
"This demo version is save-disabled and imposes a 2-minute limit on recording and playback, as are the ripping and burning features for CDs." Sound Forge demo won't work. I want something permanent.

Camtasia Producer won't work. I have it and already tried. MP3 Converter doesn't work, MP3towma doesn't work, winamp doesn't work, Windows Media 9 doesn't work. I freaking give up.

# 19 28-04-2003 , 03:35 PM
Maybe it's because I'm an audio guy or maybe I'm not understanding the situation totally but what's the problem? If you're just trying to get the cd audio into wav or aif, there are tons of CD rippers out there to digitally rip CD tracks into wma, wav, aif, etc. Fees are usually minimal. Personally, I use audio catalyst for digitally ripping tracks to mp3 or wav. If I'm grabbing samples for writing music, I just record/edit into sound forge. I can output my file to whatever I want.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 20 29-04-2003 , 01:06 AM
ok, i tried to set it to 26 fps.. but it was set at 24... so doesn't that mean it should be longer than the audio clip? (i thought it was running at 30fps - which would cause it to be too short) any other ideas why this is happening? slow comp?

-- Why is it snowing rain --
AIM: SnowboarderCF
# 21 29-04-2003 , 01:57 AM
Hit F1 and look in the animation section of the help files if you haven't yet...there are examples on how to setup sound. Stick with standard formats...24fps for film...30fps for ntsc video...25fps for PAL video. Personally, I would just export the video and sync audio in another program.

# 22 29-04-2003 , 02:38 AM
but i am doing a car reving.. and it would be a pain in the ass to sync in another app

# 23 29-04-2003 , 11:10 PM
I threw together a quick tach example this morning to see what kind of troubles you might be having but it was pretty straight forward to me.

Set your animation to 30fps (real time). Drag your revving engine wav file onto the timeline at frame 1. You should now see the waveform and be able to scrub back and forth. Now just keyframe the tachometer's needle to the changes in the sound. I think with something like this, you'd be better off animating to sound rather than trying to fit the sound to your animation.

I'm sure there is more than one way to achieve what you're trying to do (if you need another framerate or whatnot) but it's all right there in the helpfiles.

Last edited by NitroLiq; 29-04-2003 at 11:12 PM.
# 24 29-04-2003 , 11:20 PM
that is the exact thing i am doing
mabye i will scrap the file, and do another one... mabye that will fix it... just import the tac.. thx for trying

# 25 30-12-2017 , 02:36 PM
If you want to copy or burn DVD, the review of the free DVD burning software is a good solution.And Freemake is the best one for me.