Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 15-11-2006 , 06:06 PM
Subscriber

Game Character

Ok so im interning at a gaming company next semester which is in Januarey. ahhh a month and a half away. Anways, I never did any low poly crap before. The work i will be doing is more texturing and objects but they said if i can show them modeling skills, i will be able to help in developing the characters for an up and comming game. I cant say the name of the game but it will be online.

Anyways, I only have 2400 verts to play with. How the hell do they do it lmao man I give online game modelers credit. This Ish is tough but I have to learn if I want to see a character I did on the game so please helpp me.

I started the roughing of the head. i have to fix the mouth and ears but so far, i have 348 verts and thats the face, eyes, and neck. Im asuming between 370 - 390 when I get the ear finished. I want to make this a final fantasy type character so I might look up online artwork to determine the outfit and hair style but im not sure yet. ok C&C are VERY welcome.

ohh yea, im going to do a rough body shape before i work on more detials. I want ot make sure i stay under the Vert count. Im not sure how many polies equal 2400 verts but im asuming around 700-1000.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 15-11-2006 , 06:08 PM
Subscriber
Ohhh i noticed in that pic that the top row of verts were poking out. I didnt notice until i posted that pic but that is now fixed. ok and heres another shot

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 15-11-2006 , 06:48 PM
Subscriber

Re: Game Character

Originally posted by 99GsTurbo
Ok so im interning at a gaming company next semester which is in Januarey.

are you gong to intern at turbine or bluefang.

if its turbine and an online game i know what it is. user added image
good luck.

you should also go by the tri count not the vert count.
i work at bluefang myself.

Last edited by vladimirjp; 15-11-2006 at 06:51 PM.
# 4 15-11-2006 , 06:58 PM
Subscriber
hey man, they told me to go by vert count. Do u have msn, yahoo, or aim, if so whats ya name on there. ur really good at orgnanics and i suck at it so i might need ur help and pointers. thanks vlad

# 5 15-11-2006 , 07:02 PM
Subscriber
# 6 15-11-2006 , 08:46 PM
Subscriber
Admins, please delete this thread. My Harddrive just crashed. Good thing i backed it up this week but this model was not backed up so it is no longer good. Please deleted this thread since ill prob work on this a little later. i guess im going to do some research as well