Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 14-10-2008 , 05:35 PM

By the book The Modeling & Animation Handbook

Hello
I got my hands on a Maya book and i will try to do the things they have in the book. This can take a long time but i will do my best. I will post some files so you can oppen and look on my models and say what you think.

I post here so you can coment my work and give me tips to improve it.
I need alot of help so all the tips are welcome user added image

So the first thing here is the body i try to make and this is the main thing. I whant to know if i'm on the right way with the shape of it?

Sorry for my bad english//Armandz

Attached Files
File Type: mb 0.006.mb (60.2 KB, 205 views)
# 2 15-10-2008 , 01:18 PM
I have some problems to get teh shape of the body to be ok.
Do someoen knoe what i can do to make the body look more real. How can i learn to make a nice shape of the body?

# 3 19-10-2008 , 06:38 AM
Well sorry.
I had no time this weekend to work with my model so it is going slow soon i will post som pictures.

Sorry for my english//Armandz

# 4 22-10-2008 , 04:16 AM
Hello agen i have build some on my model so it will look better.
Under the time i have doing my modell i have found out that some settings can destroy your modell or do diffrent things that you expect.
Some of the settings are in the move/rotet/sace things like settings reflect and Retain component spacing.

Have some hard time with thos thing when i build and forget to turn them off.
Here is a pic of my model so far.
I try to creat a man with a shirt on so i'n on the legs no and then arms when that is don i will start with the head.

Attached Images
# 5 22-10-2008 , 07:40 AM
I downloaded your body and it looks like a good start. You do have some triangles at the top though where the collar would be which I would keep as quads if I were you. Also when it comes to posting images I would try and get screen grabs from a better angle and have wireframe on shaded selected as it will enable people to check the topology is clean which it is so far.

Keep up the good work and good luck.

# 6 23-10-2008 , 12:42 AM
ok
I have seen some triangles as well at the part of the sholders but i thout i will remove them when i creat the arms I will post with the wire frame on now so toy can see the build of the model.

Attached Images
# 7 23-10-2008 , 01:39 AM
much better camera angle in the last screenshot, i'm actually able to see what you're talking about. haven't downloaded your file, but it looks like a good start for a character. it's not too complex which will be good later on down the line for when you want to detail or change to sub-d and add detail, etc. it won't get you into trouble too soon. keep going!

Accept no substitutions.
# 8 08-11-2008 , 12:59 AM
Sorry for being slow.
I have created a new model because i was not as happy with the one i had.
Now i will try to make the foot and the arms to this character.
This is how it looks at the moment.

Attached Images
# 9 10-11-2008 , 05:13 PM
I have that same book and I finished the body awhile ago but I havent started on the head Ive been busy unfortunantly

# 10 15-11-2008 , 12:22 AM
well now i'm done with the body and i try to make the head. So if you or i get a problem you can allwats ask me maybe i know the answer. Keep modeling

# 11 21-11-2008 , 02:08 PM
The body is done and i'm working on the head now.
I will post some pictures when i get finished with the head.
user added image

Last edited by Armandz; 07-12-2008 at 03:01 PM.
# 12 14-12-2008 , 01:05 PM
OK here are some pictures i'm done with the body now i will do the texturing part.

It was fun to do this i know it is not perfect but it is atleast something i have made.

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by Armandz; 14-12-2008 at 01:09 PM.
# 13 16-12-2008 , 01:15 PM
niceuser added image

https://www.stevenpalomino.com