Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 46 22-11-2003 , 12:23 AM
Subscriber
I think this a great idea and wish you the best of luck with it Kevin.

I know a lot of poeple that would love an alternative to 3D World. It has little or no competition. I hear you when you say amen to avoiding loads of advertising, but surely this would be worth looking into. I personaly am not that bothered by them, doesn't take long to flick past a page? and it can also ensure the survival of a mag and help keep it's price down.

If you need any extra advice on printing, repro work, I have a good friend, fellow Maya user, who spent a long time in business and really knows her stuff. I'm sure you've a wealth of talent at your disposal, but If you are interested I'll put you in touch.

Again, best of luck!
Can't wait for the first edition!

# 47 23-11-2003 , 04:30 PM
Kevin
right guys,

I meet the rep for the mags yesterday and It will deffenatly go ahead.

I am going to talk to a few guys..dave / mike / rage / kurt / phil / and JD (from simplyphotoshop) and get a really good plan drawn up for the first mag.

So hopefully it all goes well and we can get the 1st issue out user added image

rock on I say!

# 48 23-11-2003 , 05:42 PM
Glad to here it well mate=) talk soon=)

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 49 23-11-2003 , 06:16 PM
Subscriber
I'm not against adverts, just half a magazine of them. A few pages would be fine.

# 50 24-11-2003 , 04:26 AM
Subscriber
Hey, i love this idea!

If you will ship to canada and let me know of the final cost in USD or CAD then i'll buy it from ya. I can give you a US address if it cant be shipped to canada. I do suggest you have a "How To" section for each magazine, including a insane effect for Maya, Photoshop and Lightwave, or whatever else applies.

Cant wait to see this expand user added image.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 51 24-11-2003 , 04:31 AM
I think this is a sweet idea. If you need help with content, let me know.

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 52 24-11-2003 , 04:41 AM
Subscriber
dumping out the piggy bank now..

# 53 24-11-2003 , 04:43 AM
Wow! Can't believe I just noticed this! Count me in dude! How much is £4 in US dollars?

Oh, will you be asking for artwork for free and promising those who get featured a copy for a discounted price? Oh wait.. that's Exposé.. Sorry. user added imageuser added imageuser added image

(I'm so bad) user added image

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 54 24-11-2003 , 05:24 AM
LOL!!!!

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 55 24-11-2003 , 05:31 AM
Who's doing the actual layout, kev? Is it being done in Quark?

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 56 24-11-2003 , 09:19 AM
Kevin

Originally posted by dave_baer
Wow! Can't believe I just noticed this! Count me in dude! How much is £4 in US dollars?

Oh, will you be asking for artwork for free and promising those who get featured a copy for a discounted price? Oh wait.. that's Exposé.. Sorry. user added imageuser added imageuser added image

(I'm so bad) user added image

LMAO...naughty!

anyone who actually helps on the magazine will get paid - its the way we work. Sometimes we make no profit and theres none left. but sometimes there is.

I have spoken to mike already regarding money and have told him how many copies we need to sell before we would be in profit, and I will say the same to the other guys.

We have some good guys here who will help out, I have spoken to the mods here about it, mike hopefully will be cracking out a few reviews amoungst over things to user added image

I have a good feeling about this one... oh also yep anyone who helps will get a free mag LOL

# 57 24-11-2003 , 10:14 AM
Subscriber
Kevin, splendid stuff... I look forward to this immensely. It seems that you are on your way to becoming the next Richard Branson. Now, if you could just combine all the talent that is lurking on your Simply sites and put them to work on a movie, who knows....

That'll do donkey... that'll do...
# 58 24-11-2003 , 12:37 PM
Subscriber
nice idea kev,
i know it'd prob cost 4 pound just to get it down here user added image but ohwell id still buy it
--
ps if i can help in anyway give us a holla

Thanks for wasting your time reading this line.
# 59 25-11-2003 , 09:50 AM
Great,
please just keep it readable (the mag), not crazy 3D World fonts..

Please e-mail when its time to pay user added image

(and please make it payable also without plasticcard.. -banktransfer or similar)

3 pleases, I'm beeing polite, may I go home now?

# 60 25-11-2003 , 10:07 AM
Would paying by PayPal be a possibility? This is a question that can be applied for the video tutorials as well.

AL San Miguel
<a href="https://www.smgd.com" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="_blank">www.SMGD.com