Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 26-11-2003 , 07:54 PM

Shred

Hi I came across this the other day and I was wondering how it is done in maya.

I am assuming that the shreds are derived from the curves/isoparms but beyond that I am not shure what tool to use so that it looks like this. The geometry of the apeture and the openings have to be coincident with the geometry of the surface.

Here is the technical explaination for it:

Shreds were first techniques developed to place apetures on surfaces without having to punch or cut openings. Topological surfaces are modeled as curve networks: curves that pass through or hang from CV's, or points, in two directions. The U and the V direction describe the bias of the curves. By duplicating two curves in the same position and then spreading the CV's apart that allows the ability to place shreds that pull apart then fuse back together on the surface.

Here are some pics attached.

If you could take me step by step starting with just a simple nubs sphere that would be great!!!!

Thanks guys

Best,
Moff

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 03-12-2003 , 07:27 PM

Anyone?

Anyone have any ideas?

Moff

user added image