Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 24-10-2007 , 10:35 PM
Subscriber

Trax editor help

Hi there,

I've been playing around a little with animation lately and came across the trax editor.
I've heard you can mix, blend animation clips in there, is that right? I've had a little go at it but didn't get very far. I've created a clip and imported that into the trax, now I want to create another one and blend/merge the two.
But I cannot animate my character any further as it has incoming connections on all the keyed attributes. How would I go about in creating the clip I want, go back to my character, delete the keys, create another clip and so forth, or is that not possible at all?

any help, links to tutorials would be much appreciated,

thanks

www.animateme.me.uk
# 2 25-10-2007 , 07:46 PM
Yep thats what you can do with it, ive personally not used it so couldent comment on how useful it is.

Ive seen a few tutorials on the net for it and theres a tutorial in the Maya 6 the complete reference also i'm pretty sure the help files will have a tutorial on it too.

If your googling tutorials it might be best off to google "non linear animation in maya"as thats the term for wha the trax editor does

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 25-10-2007 , 08:02 PM
Subscriber
hey gster thanks,

I've had a look on google and in the help files, but didn't really find what I needed. I'll get along without trax for now, I think digital tutors have a tutorial just for trax, I might get that one when I really need it

cheers

www.animateme.me.uk
# 4 25-10-2007 , 09:16 PM
Hi,

maya's built in tutorials have some good stuff on the trax editor, try them out first if you haven't already.

Also, the book "The Game Artists's Guide to Maya" has a good section on character sets and the trax editor. I'd recommend it as a very good book to work through (by the end you'll have modeled, UV'd, textured and animated a character).

cheers,

gubar