Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 10-03-2005 , 02:12 AM
Subscriber

light_linking one object

I have an assignment, due tomorrow: our teacher said to use light-linking to illuminate sepcific objects in our scene. But our object is a small environment that is made from a single piece of goemetry.

I have looked up a lot of tutorials & help about this, but all the light-linking relates to a bunch of individual objects - I get that. What if i have a single piece of geometry, how to I get some light to light certain areas, or NOT light others?

I've tried to create a "quick select set" of a group of faces, then light-link them, but that doesn't work (althought it did SEEM like a good idea). user added image

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks to all,
Phil

PS: our teacher said to apply light to verticies, am I dreaming or is that not impossible?