Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 26-03-2007 , 07:21 PM

web hosting

Hello -

I was just wondering who people recommend for web hosting. I've been trawling through the various options and it's tough to tell one from another. What should I be keeping in mind? I am thinking of doing a joint site with my girlfriend and so I am also wondering how much space I need.

Any help is much appreciated.

# 2 26-03-2007 , 10:14 PM
i use bravenet.com

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 3 26-03-2007 , 10:34 PM
thanks joopson - yeah, I had a free site with them last year - they seem ok - i'm just wondering what other choices people can recommend.

# 4 26-03-2007 , 10:49 PM
https://pandela.com/ i used it long time ago it is perfect ... but now i use paied host user added image

some of my websites

gp4e-vd.com
wallpapers.gp4e-vd.com
vidin-web.gp4e-vd.com
shadowcrew.hit.bg
vitex.gp4e-vd.com

user added image

# 5 27-03-2007 , 01:41 AM
Jr.Who
I used to use Bravenet, but now IÕm using a subdomain of my friendÔs site, who uses GoDaddy. BravenetÕs tools are cool, unless you donÕt like ads.

IÕve also heard that 1and1 is a good host.

# 6 27-03-2007 , 11:39 AM
Hey arran,

I've not got a website as of yeat but I'm thinking of going with the basic low package from 1 and 1, think its about £2 per month or something like that, its got 250 meg webspace and a 3 Gb traffic limit, which for an online portfolio I doubt that I would ever get that much traffic!!

I'm sure that you can sign up for one of these and then upgrade as you go along, if you need to.

The bit that confuses me though is the linux/Ms servers, whats the difference and if I'm just making a little site using CSS/XML does it even make one?

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 7 27-03-2007 , 09:28 PM

# 8 28-03-2007 , 10:41 AM
Cheers Arran, its pretty much what I thought, no difference really.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle