Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 24-01-2003 , 10:27 PM
Subscriber

Sword in a field

I finished this sword a while ago and never got around to positng it. This is one of my favorites that I finished... (Granted I've actually finished three projects but I digress. user added image )

take care all!

~GateKeeper
Not really certified not really new!
# 2 26-01-2003 , 06:39 PM
Subscriber
Hey, this is great man. I like this sword and where its placed. Looks like it ended a large battle and has been there for some time. I think you would get more out of this though if you made the background a bit brighter. Keep it up.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 3 26-01-2003 , 10:50 PM
Subscriber
Thanks for the support )v(. Do you think an ambient lightsource would help?

~GateKeeper
Not really certified not really new!
# 4 27-01-2003 , 01:19 AM
Subscriber
I think you should keep the dark shadows on the one side of the sword, if you add any more lights.

Although an object "should" not always be centered in an image, I'd say that this sword "fills the height", that I think you might as well center it in the picture.

unless... you have some facinating background.

I also think the camera could be put even a bit lower, so that more of the sky is seen.

I do not support Bush! Nor Saddam! Long live UN!
# 5 27-01-2003 , 04:33 PM
Subscriber
simple lighting and camera adjustments could make wonders to a scene.... pretty much like a photographer.... get on with it... it will take time.....

but pretty image though! user added image