Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 23-10-2003 , 06:44 AM
Subscriber

Creating Movies From Stills

Hello! I'm starting to work on a two people mini advanture game production, and would need some help....user added image

I want to produce an AVI, doing so directly from Maya gets me no control over the codec, so I render to a sequence of frames. Can anyone recommand a *free* application to encode those frames to an AVI?

Thanks in advance!

# 2 23-10-2003 , 12:13 PM
Subscriber
VirtualDub is free and excellent.

Björn 'santa' Fredriksson

<A href=https://www.bjornfredriksson.com>Site Online.</A>

Check out our 1on1on1 battle for the SandCrawlers.
# 3 23-10-2003 , 07:08 PM
VideoMach. Check out Mike's free rendering tutorial, he explaines abit about it there.

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....
# 4 24-10-2003 , 12:00 AM
I could be wrong, but doesn't Fcheck do this?

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 5 24-10-2003 , 06:05 AM
Subscriber
Thanks for your help guys! I am using VirtualDub and XVid, and no, Fcheck didn't do it, I expected it to, but it didn't.... If you know how to make Fcheck do it, please let me know, too!

# 6 08-11-2003 , 08:47 PM
I've noticed Fcheck has a way to play animation, by opening the first targa (or jpeg or whatever image type you choose) and playing out the frames. Its a really quick way to get a lok at your animation, but it doesn't seem to be able to save it as an AVI or any other video file.

AL San Miguel
<a href="https://www.smgd.com" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="_blank">www.SMGD.com
# 7 12-11-2003 , 04:23 PM
I think you can use Adobe after effect to produce your image squences into a single animation clip, and save it in a variety of movie format such as avi, mov & etc. Hope this helps