Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 06-11-2004 , 09:24 PM

Looking for Good Landscape Tutorial

Hey Everyone,

I'm looking for a good tutorial to make a nice annimated landscape. Think of it as a "helecoptor shot" of an area that may be part forest, part lake, part mountain, maybe a small cabin, etc.

What I need is a step by step tutorial of how to make the landscape look good. Even if I saw one that I could use as a base.

This is not going to be used for anything commercial. I'm just curious on how to do this. If there are any tutorials free/pay/otherwise, please let me know.

Also, if anyone has any "cabin/house" models that I can import directly into Maya, that would be great as well.

Chris, Baltimore

# 2 23-11-2004 , 09:07 PM
Hey, someone started this tutorial on another site (ahem) https://www.learning-maya.com/forums/...pic.php?t=1500

I then proceeded to take it further but got a bit stuck, seems Maya is not very good at landscapes, something i think Alias should really work on big time.. as 3dMax is superb at them.. but then i guess maya is predominantly a character animation program, Failing that you could try terragen.. superb photo realistic landscapes (no port to maya yet) www.planetside.co.uk

hope this helps, and if you get good results like bordering on photorealism with maya then please let me know as im still looking too...

---------------------------------------

---------------------------------------

I'm standing with my allies
Sellin' arms to strangers
Watch them shoot ya down - Kasabian - 2004

visit - https://firesuite.com

Last edited by gilmog123; 24-11-2004 at 01:59 AM.