Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 26-06-2007 , 02:27 PM
Subscriber

Normal mapping Maya 8.0?

I finally found time to install my Maya 8.0 although I am finding the 'new' ui easily enough I am struggling to make the change from the surface transfer to the new normal mapping facility, the F1 docs aren't really much help to me either, could someone with knowledge run me through this or point me to a tute.

Cheers all, hope it's hanging well.

If you believe in telekinesis, raise my right hand.
# 2 26-06-2007 , 02:41 PM
You can use the transfer maps in the leighting/rendering to create a normal map onto a model form a high poly to a low poly.

It automatically assigns the normal map to the current shader or a model, might be a place to start to see how its all put together.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 26-06-2007 , 02:49 PM
Subscriber
Yeah I've tried not had any results yet though, suppose its trial and error, I dont seem to be getting an output map when i do this, sure I'll figure it out.

If you believe in telekinesis, raise my right hand.