Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 28-10-2009 , 11:09 PM

Help please with modelling sub-d

Hi everyone,

This is my first post on this board and its because I have a problem with maya displaying a blue cage around part of the android model that I am creating as part of a digital tutors tutorial.

I have attatched an image of the android body with the cage around it To me it looked like the polygon cage that appears on the other part of the body when I go into polygon mode but when I return to standard mode the blue cage doesn't go away. I have tried everything I can think of get rid of this and it won't go away so any help would be much appreciated thanks in advance!

Ian

Attached Images
# 2 29-10-2009 , 10:27 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
open your hypergraph and show the connections for the object. Chances are you have a ton of blind data nodes that get generated when you model. Its quite common when modelling in Subds. Simply select and delete the nodes. Also look for any 'greyed' out poly nodes, this is can be another cause of this blue wireframe thats displayed, delete that too and all should be good to go!

Jay

# 3 29-10-2009 , 11:40 AM
Thanks for the response I will give that a go when I get home from work tonite!

# 4 29-10-2009 , 06:07 PM
Thanks for that gave it a try and it worked cheers