Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 27-05-2003 , 10:19 PM
Subscriber

Changing order of nodes

ello,

is there any way of altering the order of the nodes that effect a mesh e.g. move a blendshape node to before the skeleton/bind node? cause I created the blendshape after the bind so that when I move the jaw down using the skeleton opening the mouth and then apply the blendshape (a sneer) it closes the mouth and creates the sneer. I want to open the mouth then add the sneer to the opened mouth.

I hope this makes sense

cheers

Rich
# 2 27-05-2003 , 11:06 PM
Subscriber
the fast and dirty solution:

if you did not invest too much time painting weights, then you could unbind the skin, and skin it again.

i think you can alter the history but not the order. how would you explain to have the reaction before the cause?

# 3 28-05-2003 , 01:23 AM
You can change deformation order on any object. Right-click on the object, select Inputs > Complete List. That should bring up a list of history operations. You can then middle-mouse drag deformers to reorder them.

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 4 28-05-2003 , 08:58 AM
Subscriber
thanks danny,

every day something new to learn. did not think about the skeleton as a deformer - and even if, i would not have known. i only knew that different blendshape targets can be reorderd.