Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 18-04-2017 , 04:22 PM
Subscriber

Training Request

Hi

Could i request some training please

I would like to see something modeled in Maya and then textured in substance painter 2

Thanks Mith

Custom built W10 Pro 64 bit, Hazwell Intel 5820, Asus X99 MOBO, 32 GB DDR4 Ram, EVGA nVidia GTX1080 Founders Edition, 512GB SSD Primary HDD, 16TB Storage, 27" Samsung 4k Display. Wacom 27QHD, Oculus Rift CV1
# 2 18-04-2017 , 10:24 PM
SM Tea Boy
I'm working on a tutorial now that will be out this week that deals with creating a lego car it will be split into two parts both out this week dealing with modeling for beginners (you can probably skip that one) and more advanced bricks screen shot below of one of the bricks we work on

As to substance painter 2 i've been meaning to do somthing with it for a while so i'll put it on the todo list. Personally i use Mari and prefer it.

All the best
David

Attached Thumbnails

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 3 19-04-2017 , 10:14 PM
Subscriber
Thanks Dave

Looking forward to seeing what its all about. As you know i also have Mari, however some of the affects and materials that are available for SP2 are pretty damn good and with not that much work you can get something half decent in 20 mins. Of course building your textures yourself is another matter user added image

Thanks Myth

Custom built W10 Pro 64 bit, Hazwell Intel 5820, Asus X99 MOBO, 32 GB DDR4 Ram, EVGA nVidia GTX1080 Founders Edition, 512GB SSD Primary HDD, 16TB Storage, 27" Samsung 4k Display. Wacom 27QHD, Oculus Rift CV1
# 4 20-04-2017 , 12:29 AM
SM Tea Boy
SP2 is a very nice painter no doubt, and as you say you can produce half decent results very quickly.

I'll look into getting some training up for it. I'm trying to push out 3 full tutorials a month at the moment so there will be 2 out this week probably over the weekend. I just finished them today.

Next up will be some interior lighting and rendering in Arnold, then we move on to explode the lego car i just built because who does not love to blow stuff up. After than i'm gong to do i think a series on bifrost. We've also got a couple of guest instructors lined up and I still have not had chance to talk to kurt about a 3D printing series, so a lot coming up i'll add SP2 to the list.

I forgot I've also got a quick rigging for character posing that's about 80% done just waiting on Mr Edwards to finish the weight painting.

So hopefully in that lot somewhere will be somthing of interest to you.
David user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 5 21-04-2017 , 04:41 AM
Lifetime Member
Really keen for the lego car tute and then it being blown up. Always love seeing ways to tackle tricky types of modeling and different types of 'effects' so can't wait!
Great job with all the content being released.

Cheers, the Yeti.