Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 28-01-2004 , 10:59 AM
Subscriber

suggested reading material?

I was wondering if anyone out there has any suggestions for Books to help learn fundamental as well as more advanced Maya techniques and workflows. Publishers? Titles?

# 2 28-01-2004 , 07:12 PM

My 2 Cents

First, if you're a newbie, get The Art of Maya (available at alias.com in the online store-or any other online book store). I have found it very helpful in explaining general concepts and showing in visual terms with minimal explanation for how things work in Maya. I learned so many things just by perusing that book that I never learned in the other books just because it's such a light read.

Then I would drop the $200 bones for the Maya Explorer Pack. It includes books and DVDs full of samples, tutorials, movies, etc. Great package.

https://www.alias.com/eng/purchase/pr...r_bundle.shtml

That set will give you a good foundation in all aspects of Maya.

If you look at Alias's complete library of books and DVDs, it's insane. There is several thousand dollars worth of material there. I have found the Explorer Pack to get me up and running, I can learn a lot and then decide which direction I need to go from there for advanced learning.

I'm sure there are plenty of other great books and resources, but I found the Explorer Pack to have a lot of bang for the buck and it covers everything you would need for fundmamentals and then into some more advanced stuff too.

# 3 29-01-2004 , 12:06 PM
Subscriber
That sounds great. I have already read a bit of the Art of Maya in the PDF from Alias and I think I'm gonna get the whole thing. The Explorer Pack sounds good too. Thanks for the suggestions.