Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 24-08-2006 , 11:41 PM

character importing problem. Plz help

i have made a character with rrigging, rigid skinnig & also i have apllied weightings. I want to use that character in one scene. So when i import that character in that other scene & i move that character to place it a proper place.i get problem .i also made IK to FK. but when i move chracter IK doesnt.

please somebody tell me a proper method for importing a full rigged , skinning character.

# 2 31-08-2006 , 03:58 PM
Subscriber
It would help if you could post a picture of your character and all of his controls. If you can, please do! :-)

Otherwise, one of the "controls" you'll find on most characters is a "global" control, ie one under which EVERYTHING is parented. Here's an example of what I mean:

Attached Thumbnails

"Ad astra per aspera..."
# 3 31-08-2006 , 04:02 PM
Subscriber
The "master control" is the circle around his feet. All the other controls (including the facial expression sliders) as well as the character's joints are parented to this master controller.

This master controller allows me to move and scale the character regardless of which scene he is imported into. Everything else moves and scales in proportion.

Perhaps this is your problem! If so, it is a relatively easy fix. If not, post a picture like the one I did and let's see if we can't all figure it out!

Regards!

"Ad astra per aspera..."