Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 20-07-2007 , 05:57 PM

Setting keys

Hi! I'm a complete newbie to Maya, but I do have "mild" experience with Hash's Animation Master and I've been using Flash for the past 7 or so years.

In any case, I can't do any sort of keyframe animation using Maya PLE. I do exactly what the included tutorial says, but as soon as I go to change the frame, all changes I've made are lost.

Process of steps for attempting to just move a sphere:
1. Create a sphere (nurbs, in this case)
2. Center sphere on plane
3. Hit [S], creating a keyframe on frame 1 (with the sphere selected)
4. Going to frame 6
5. Hit [S] again
6. Drag sphere to a random location
7. Select any frame between to see the motion

Typically when I hit 7, I don't see anything change. I'll go back to frame 6 (the key) to see that any sort of changes I've made to it are gone. Anything I'm missing here?

# 2 21-07-2007 , 01:10 AM
well the problem seem wrong at step 5. you need to move the sphere to a random location on frame 6 first then set the key on frame 6.

# 3 21-07-2007 , 09:51 PM
So essentially it's the reverse of flash?

Boy do I feel silly. Thanks!