Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 24-06-2003 , 11:54 PM
Subscriber

Swapping Maya on your machines: FYI

just a heads up for those who may be buying a new machine.

think about buying the hardware dongle.

they charge $300US for the dongle or $150US for a new encryption code.

I just bought a new laptop and its a bit of a headache to get the new software key. I spent all day on the phone+fax+web sorting this out. and it will still be a day before I get the new key. I would have bought the dongle, only the new laptop doesnt have a parallel port!?!?! a ton of usb's but no parallel!

If you are like me with PCs (I go through 1 a year or so) I would advise getting the dongle. also this way you could have Maya on multiple machines and just swap the dongle.

something to think about user added image

# 2 25-06-2003 , 07:05 PM
Subscriber
Exactly the point i made in my dogle post. I hope things get sorted soon and you can give us your view on how Maya runs on your lappy. Until then I will haunt/stalk you :-)

The Dell Precision M60 laptop just came out today...it's an amazing machine. In case you want to return your Toshiba and get the Dell :O)

grrrr
# 3 28-06-2003 , 05:44 PM
Subscriber
howardporter are you busy reading HarryPotter??? Give us an update man!! :-(***++%%!!
Did you get your license?

grrrr