Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 28-07-2003 , 08:45 PM

2Advanced Studios - WOW

Of course just as I prepair my site for launch, 2advanced studios comes with a site to show mine up even more than there first.

check out the new site.
2Advanced Studios

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 2 28-07-2003 , 08:53 PM
Good Greif. You're screwed. hehe.

It's Dr. Know, Not Darknow
# 3 28-07-2003 , 09:09 PM
HAHA! Wow. Bashed this site before it even comes out. Man, life is great huh.

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 4 28-07-2003 , 09:14 PM
yeah but think about it, a possible employer is not going to hire you based on how nice your website is! who cares! as long as your stuff is good then that is what they are looking at. And from my experience employers dont look at websites (at least not in the film industry) it's all based on the showreel believe me!

I'd spend time making a simple but clean interface and avoiding flash full stop. 2 advanced looks nice but it's too much.

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 5 28-07-2003 , 09:18 PM
Well my web page is a Web Design Buisness. So how my web page looks is very important. Speeking of which. I have a client from this forum. All though im not sure if he wants it made public yet. So ill be quite now. user added image

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 6 28-07-2003 , 09:23 PM
Kevin
but its flash???

Is all that flashing line business really that nessesery? I shut it off as I was almost having a fit

# 7 28-07-2003 , 10:51 PM
SM Tea Boy
Didn't like it, didn't like there first one ether though.

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 8 28-07-2003 , 11:37 PM
Well, in all honesty, 2advanced is a bit played out in the design community. When they built their first site, everyone and his brother jumped on the bandwagon, creating sites with similar effects and motion. It got to the point where you could look at a site and just categorize it as a 2advanced clone.

Don't get me wrong, they definitely have their Flash chops together (which is what they're known for), but having to sit through all the eyecandy animation as their site loads is as a bad as the old "skip movie" splashes everyone used to make, IMO.

I agree that a web shop should have a decent site and I suppose since 2advanced deals mostly with Flash, their site shows what they're capable of. But, I wouldn't say having a decent site is everything if the company is established. I know alot of design boutiques that have VERY mediocre sites and this is usually due to the fact that they've been busy working with clients and haven't had the time to update.

For myself, I prefer very clean design and am more interested in interesting typography, spacing, etc...communicating by the simplest means necessary. As far as Flash goes, I get more into using it for functional purposes rather than eyecandy.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 9 28-07-2003 , 11:55 PM
I agree with your points Nitro as talked in several ocassions in IRC.

# 10 29-07-2003 , 01:54 AM
Yeah using every script and is 3rd cousin is not at all my style. I go to sites with TONS of scripts for every little thing.

Also, your right. You go to a site and go, "Thats a 2advanced remake" "Thats a Team Photoshop clone" ect. I used to do that. I have finaly made a site that i think is VERY uniquie but not all played out. I am very excited about its release!! Sorry. Was that too close to a plug??
user added image

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 11 29-07-2003 , 11:14 AM
Is it just me or is 2Advanced's ocean... well are the waves not moving..... only the highights and reflections on them move it seems.

# 12 29-07-2003 , 03:21 PM
It is a 5 frame animation with another low-opacity "highlight" animation on top of it to better give the illusion of a seamless loop.

pretty simple, tho the hard part is finding good, steady footage...

They (Eric) talk(s) about it in thier next book regarding FlashMX & FlashMX Communication Server.

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com