Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 11-08-2003 , 04:00 AM

how do i....????

hello everyone... i'm making an animated short that deals with a lot of facial and body animation. I was wondering if anyone had an good ideas of how about to do this? I heard of people animating the body completely separate from the face, and wanting to know if there had been any problems which i might run into? I was thinking about doing the animation in this manner and then at the end connect the head and body back together... any suggestions???

Thanks for listening

# 2 13-08-2003 , 04:45 PM
Do you have the model done if so can you post a picture?

Depending on your model you may be able to have them seperate, but it might be easier to have the head follow the body and add the face and blendshaps after you have the rest of the body done..

When I animate I work form the feet up... The last things to animate are the head and facial movements.

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 3 13-08-2003 , 05:08 PM
Thanks for responding.. didn't think i would get anyones attention. yes i do have the model and skin already done.... i've attached a picture, so hopefully you can see what i'm doing. The reason why i want to animate and attach the head after all the body animation is done first, is because i want to be able to concentrate on the facial animation without it moving because it's connected to the body. Well take a look and give me your opinion.
(The reason why i would want to do it this way, is because i think i saw something similiar to in last years siggraph(2002) or something behind the scene movie)

Thanks again

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 13-08-2003 , 05:23 PM
Rig looks good... give it a try and see how it turns out. I haven never seen someone animate in 2 parts like that but it looks like it would work.

I guess the only thing you would really have to consentrate on making sure you match the movements of the body to the head latter on.

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb