Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 17-06-2014 , 09:31 AM

How can I bake a dynamic curve simulation?

Hi everyone,

I'm a beginner to dynamics but for my latest project I have a character with a dynamic curve/rope attached to him. All worked out quite well and I got the results I was hoping for. But now I want to render the scene and therefore need to bake the simulation. The only problem is I don't really now how or what to bake.

The rope itself is an extruded surface, connected to a curve which I made dynamic through nHair.
So now I have an Extruded Surface, a hair system, follicile, nucleus and the original curve that was made dynamic. I tried baking each of these with Edit>Keys>Bake Simulation and although the keys were created I still always had to calculate the simulation.

So my questions are: What exactly do I have to bake in order for the simulation of the rope do be keyed? Or are there any Settings I have to change?

Thanks in Advance
Screaner

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time
https://vimeo.com/yannickstark
# 2 17-06-2014 , 10:12 AM
The thin red line
Not done a great deal of this stuff but I think you need to create cache that is under the hair menu, start at frame 1 then create cache this will run your simulation and store it so you can move the time scale in real time and the rope should animate.............dave

# 3 17-06-2014 , 03:03 PM
ah ok thanks that worked!

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time
https://vimeo.com/yannickstark