Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 21-02-2014 , 06:17 PM

Espresso Machine

I've been working with this model for so long (about a week), that I'd like to get some outside feedback on it, to assess quality and overall impressions. I'm working to have this machine actually brew coffee using nParticles. Thanks! user added image

user added image

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you are right." --Henry Ford
# 2 22-02-2014 , 07:44 PM
Super Moderator
It's a little difficult to judge the model itself. Generally, when asking for critique, one would post wireframe shots of the model.

From a rendering standpoint, it could use some work. The lighting seems constant in all directions and it's flattening out the image. The materials themselves are kind of vague and hard to read as well, I can't tell what's metal, plastic etc. What renderer are you using?

- Genny
# 3 26-02-2014 , 12:43 PM
Location: Room 801, Building A, Ying Da Li Tech Digital Park, Fu Tian free trade zone, Shenzhen, China
Still need to do more works,but not bad so far.

# 4 26-02-2014 , 02:40 PM
Technical Director
Why did you choose that angle to show off your model?

Imagination is more important than knowledge.