Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 28-04-2009 , 10:21 PM

Image linking problem - transferring a project

So I've been trying to email this project to a guy. It contains one UV map..texture.. saved as a .tga file.

Before I worked on the assignment I created a new project and set it so that my image file would be linked properly when I email the thing.

I zipped the the entire project together which included all of the default project folders, (the UV map in the sourceimages) and everthing.

He gets it, unzips it, loads up the scene. The texture won't display. He eventually had to just reload the image file but I need a way to make sure it stays attached when I pack up the project and email it.

Any suggestions?

# 2 01-05-2009 , 08:01 PM
Hey if anyone has ANY idea please let me know. Even if it's a shot in the dark. Does my question make enough sense?

Thanks for any help

# 3 09-05-2009 , 02:37 AM
Subscriber
the question makes sense, but i don't know how to solve it...
i think Soulrider911 had this problem (or it could have been someone else), not sure if they managed to resolve it though.

give him a pm and see what he says

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 4 09-05-2009 , 10:36 AM
Hi,

possibly he has to set it as his current project? That way it will look to the source images folder for the reference (assuming that's how you set it up).

gubar

# 5 09-05-2009 , 11:41 AM
Level 32 pachyderm
yeah, i think Gubars suggestion should do it

# 6 09-05-2009 , 05:20 PM

Originally posted by Chirone
the question makes sense, but i don't know how to solve it...
i think Soulrider911 had this problem (or it could have been someone else), not sure if they managed to resolve it though.

give him a pm and see what he says

Yeah I tried to have him do that. He said it still didn't do it. I find that kind of surprising. There's a chance he didn't do it right I suppose. He doesn't really use the program himself.

I'm almost done with the work he needs anyway.

One quick question...Do you usualy need to re-set the project every time you re-open a scene0? Perhaps that could be my issue. I try to make sure to set it every time but I think I forget sometimes till I've already put some more work in the model.

Thanks for your help user added image

# 7 09-05-2009 , 10:28 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Fi3ndcake
One quick question...Do you usualy need to re-set the project every time you re-open a scene0? Perhaps that could be my issue. I try to make sure to set it every time but I think I forget sometimes till I've already put some more work in the model.

No. Maya remembers which project was active after it last cleanly closed down

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D