Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 27-01-2006 , 11:14 AM

zbrush?

I was browsing through the competition forum, and everyone kept talkiing about zbrush!!! could anyone help me out and tell me what that is?!
Thanksuser added image

kik
# 2 27-01-2006 , 11:29 AM
Hi,

ZBrush is also just like another 3D modeling type of program, but I think the main advantage of it are mainly using the brushes to modeling out the 3D models.

LINK (Hope you may find this helpful) user added image

# 3 27-01-2006 , 12:54 PM
Subscriber
You can add tremendous amounts of fine detail relatively quickly, I'm only just starting out playing with ZBrush myself, it appears it's the way to go to add detail at a high pace. Check out this piece of work someone did on ZBrushCentral, solely using ZBrush, it's absolutely amazing!

Attached Thumbnails

If you believe in telekinesis, raise my right hand.
# 4 27-01-2006 , 03:53 PM
Subscriber
In short, ZBrush is a 2.5D paint program. It uses a special kind of pixels, called Pixols, that contains all the colour info from regular pixels, and in addition has depth and material info. Have a look at Pixologic.com for more info

Liter is French for 'Gimme some ****ing cola before I break vous ****ing lips!"
# 5 30-01-2006 , 09:32 AM

Thanks

Thanks a lot for your help guys! I guess I should check that out.
Ps: that's such a cool picture!

kik
# 6 30-01-2006 , 03:53 PM
Well zbrush is not at all like traditional 3d modellers... user added image It is the most innovative software i have seen in 3d. You can create base meshes with z-spheres or import an obj file.
With the base mesh you can subdivide them to very high polygon count.. with my pc it starts to lag at about 3 million polygons 2.5 will have a limit of 20 million polygons currently i believe the limit is 10 but you will need a monster to be able to work with that...
What also is very cool about zbrush is projection master you can paint in 2.5 d textures but also scars, wrinkles, pory's of skin etc and when you pick them up it will actually make the modifications on your 3d model i believe this is done through a displacment map... now when you export you can also generate normal maps, displacements maps and just save a lower subdivisions for animation for example user added image

And 2.5 is comming very very soon :bow: i really love this program it is just allot of fun to play around with.. pretty hard to make good topology though.. but there are ways to do re-toplogizing... anyway try the demo you will absolutly love it :hug:

You will want to buy a wacom with this app though i found it very hard with a mouse user added image