Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 16-03-2004 , 01:14 AM

realistic eyelids

Im having trouble modeling realistic eyelids for the character I'm working on in polygons. I know one way to do it wich is by creating them out of nurbd spheres and controling them with an attribute, which works but it doesnt look it real unless I was making a cartoon character. Do I model them around a sphere placed inside the eye socket to make them work? How can I achieve the thickness and folds which they normaly have? I've included a jpeg of the smooth character.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 16-03-2004 , 03:11 AM
Subscriber
I don't know if it would be ideal to do this with your model or not, but I modeled the eyelids straight from the poly head on the head models I have in my 3D gallery on my site. You just take a few edges, then start extruding them out. The only drawback is that you'll have to have a triangular face for the corners of the eyelids to make the transition realistic and smooth.