Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 26-10-2005 , 07:21 AM
Subscriber

Ferrari tutorial

I Got myself maya 7 last week and thought I'd christen it with the Ferrari remastered tutorial. I thought I'd post my progress at the end of disc one, thankyou Robert Scott for making car modelling easy!!

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 26-10-2005 , 08:56 AM
nice start user added image

I'm looking forward to see progress on this

Examples of bTraffic - a traffic animation tool for Maya
bFlocking - a tool for Maya 8.5+ to generate flocking and swarming behaviours
Jan/Feb Challenge 2007 Entry and W.I.P
May/Jun Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Mar/Apr Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Jan/Feb Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Nov/Dec Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Sep/Oct Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Jul/Aug Challenge 2005 Entry
www.flash-fx.net
# 3 27-10-2005 , 09:53 PM
Subscriber
glad to help you out, its looking very nice at the moment, its always nice to think that I have helped people in some wayuser added image

# 4 28-10-2005 , 07:09 AM
Subscriber
I got the rear bumper done, its onto the vent in the front bumper next.

Attached Thumbnails
# 5 29-10-2005 , 07:21 PM
Subscriber
Here's an update. I've got as far as part 10 so far, quite a long way to go 'till it's done!!

Cheers for the encouragement Robert!

Attached Thumbnails
# 6 16-11-2005 , 07:32 PM
Subscriber
It's been a while but I have had a load of stuff to do and Maya has had to wait, anyway I have managed to turn the poly model into sub-d surfaces. I've avoided sub-d's in the past cos they confused me, it turns out that they are pretty easy to use as long as you have plenty of reference (oh yeah, it helps to have someone telling you what to do too!!)

Attached Thumbnails
# 7 16-11-2005 , 08:50 PM
Subscriber
looking good, just noticed one thing whichI didn't actually show in the tutorial was to carr that body line all the way to the back so you need to add a full crease running along that back panel all the way around the edge we laid out

# 8 27-11-2005 , 04:24 PM
Subscriber
Please excuse me for replying on a old thread, though I like to say thank you for recomending this tutorial. Although my car is a 1970 Dodge Charger, I am still using the ferrari tutorial as a guide. For example, the harderst part for me was the fender, but after watching the tutorial it showed me on what I was doing wrong. What I was doing wrong was I first modeled the entire fender in side view and then was tring to pull the vertices into shape. Doing so, I wasn't getting the right curavture to my fender.

So thanks to both you for recommending this tutorial, and to Robert Scott for doing the tutorial. Excellent job Robert!!! :bow: