Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 12-01-2003 , 12:35 AM
Subscriber

Polygon texture problem

ello all,

wonder if you can help me. I have a problem when texturing a polygonal surface. It is a simple blinn with a bump applied.

See below. Part of the surface is showing the texture and part not showing it. Any ideas?

cheers

rich

# 2 12-01-2003 , 12:45 AM
The Maya Mountain
it would seem that the parts without it have not been UV mapped.

# 3 12-01-2003 , 10:43 AM
Subscriber
cheers for the reply. sorry but I don't know much about texturing, how would i UV map the areas that havent been??

cheers

rich

# 4 12-01-2003 , 06:21 PM
The Maya Mountain
since it looks like a cylinder from your picture, you could do a Cylindrical UV Projection. Select your shape, go to Edit Polygons > Texture > Cylindrical UV Map. Use the manipulator to stretch the cylindrical gizmo around the entire object.

If that is the problem, this should fix it.