Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 20-08-2003 , 07:56 PM

Please help with borken deform tool

I am tring to create a simple bouncing ball. I create a nerbs sphere.

Now I want the ball to be squashed at the bottom of the bounce so I choose deform > create > Nonlinear squash.

Next I choose the "Show Manipulator Tool". Now the handle is green and I see blueish dots for the handle. However I cannot select the blue dots with any mouse button to move the squash. I can alter the squash through the chanel box using the "factor". This does alter the shape of the ball, but I cannot change select the handles with the mouse. Color does not change to yellow, and they do not move.

# 2 20-08-2003 , 08:17 PM
Subscriber
Maybe you have freeze transformations on? user added image

-Emo

# 3 20-08-2003 , 11:47 PM

Answer to this question

Beleive it ro not but video drivers fixed the issue.

# 4 21-08-2003 , 12:09 AM
Subscriber
Sure we can believe it, the Viewports use OpenGL so that matters a lot when it comes it videocards user added image

-Emo

# 5 23-08-2003 , 07:52 AM

a

a

# 6 23-08-2003 , 08:21 AM
thats where max rules... (even if dont know how to use it)...
Direct3D wiewport visualization... It leaves everyone else in the dust when it comes to having lots of polys and moving em at really fast fps with gaming cards...