Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 31-01-2013 , 06:11 AM
Subscriber

How do you use the "bridge" function ?

I'm working on a Simply Maya tutorial, I need to use the "bridge" function by bridging between a series of faces on two adjacent polygons.

I select all the faces that need to be bridged, I then selected the "Bridge" tool or icon in the main menu, but it won't bridge. Instead I get an error message. (I cant read all the error message because part of it is cut off).

What am I doing wrong, how do you bridge between faces?user added image

# 2 31-01-2013 , 09:03 AM
Subscriber
Try with only two opposite border edges selected at a time. It wont work if you have the entire loop selected and will take slightly longer, but should work. Once you have done the entire length that needs to be bridged, merge the vertices.

Another thing to check is that they are part of the same object, if not combine them then use the bridge tool as it wont work on two separate objects...

Post some screenshots if you are still having trouble user added image

# 3 31-01-2013 , 01:58 PM
Subscriber
Greg,

Important is that before you use the Bridge function, the two objects are combined! Only then you will be able to bridge them.

1/31/2013 2:55:27 PM - YouTube

Look at this short video.

# 4 31-01-2013 , 06:31 PM
Subscriber
Thanks for your help, I will try to combine the two objects first and see if that helps. I'll let you know if it works.

# 5 31-01-2013 , 08:24 PM
Subscriber
Thank you everyone for your help. As Lecra, mentioned One first needs to combine the objects to bridge them.
Best regards, to everyone.user added image