Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 21-08-2006 , 06:01 AM
Subscriber

Scene Navigation file?

In blender you can export a scene and another person can open it up and freely navigate around it (no software needed) in a window viewer can this be done in Maya?

If you believe in telekinesis, raise my right hand.
# 2 21-08-2006 , 08:10 AM
Dont think so.

You can export as a VRML file that you can then navigate around, you will need a web browser plug in such as cortona from parallel graphics to do it though

# 3 21-08-2006 , 08:23 AM
Subscriber
Is that just so I could view it? or would the people i give it to need the software as well? Basically i want to give some clients some scene environments that they can navigate around themselves needing no other software or viewers. so they can just open up the file and they can navigate around it. Hope that makes sense its quite urgent that i get cracking on with this.

# 4 21-08-2006 , 08:28 AM
You will need the plug in for the browser to run a VRML document, BUT it will let your clients move round the scene file like a virtual world

# 5 21-08-2006 , 08:59 AM
Subscriber
Worked a treat nice 1!!!