Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 13-05-2013 , 09:46 PM

RGB information missing in Hardware batch renders

I don't know why this is suddenly happening...

I've been hardware batch rendering a cloud of sprite particles that are given random RGB values via RBP PP attributes. I've been working on this for months, and today I discovered that they are no longer rendering with RGB info. The alpha is working fine, but the RGB channel comes out looking like the alpha (see the first image).

What's strange about this is that the colors render just fine via the Render View window, when I render a single frame (see the third image). It's only when I run the batch render that the colors don't show. This is the first time I've seen the Batch render do something different than the single frame render.

The second image shows my current settings for this render pass, if it helps.

Any thoughts as to why I'm suddenly not getting color?

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 13-05-2013 , 10:25 PM
The thin red line

# 3 14-05-2013 , 01:14 AM
Appreciate the reply, DaveRave. I looked through it and gave the custom script a try, but it didn't help my situation.

I'm still not sure why it happened, but as is typical with Maya, trial-and-error troubleshooting got the job done (though it's a grueling process sometimes). I tried re-emitting the sprites and that seemed to work out.