Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 02-11-2006 , 10:33 PM

How do I make a model - Golf Club

My modeling skills really suck !

Most of the animations I have done thus far haven't used anything really but basic shapes.... occasionally I might use the bevel button...lol. I just about produced everything I can with my project with my rubbish modeling skills....

I need to create a golf club model for my project. Is there any help you can give me ? - cos I have no clue how to make this....

Thanks

# 2 03-11-2006 , 01:07 AM
Senior Software Developer
Your best bet is to get onto Google images and search for image reference material...

If you own a set of clubs grab one and model it. I know this is not really that helpful, but modelling is all about looking at a reference and duplicating it with the primitives you have...

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 3 03-11-2006 , 03:10 AM
Subscriber

those who succeed are only the failures that never gave up.

https://www.vimeo.com/7080130
# 4 05-11-2006 , 09:59 PM
Subscriber
That's very kind of you, Mr. Pix. Thank you.

Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. --Thomas A. Edison