Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 19-11-2011 , 04:26 PM
Subscriber

Copying Pacthes of Polys?

Good Morning Guys-

I've been up all night trying to fiddle around with this oneuser added image. I start out creating a section on a model by laying out rows of polygons with the "Create Poly Tool". one strip at a time and than cut into sections right.

After I get my shape worked out. I select a section of polys in "Face" mode.

Ok what I am trying to do is copy and paste over to the side to patch or close in the middle part or section to patch in or I should say by merging it's verts one by one until it's complete and then mirror over the entire thing to make as one.

I can't get past "the poly copying over" because it's not working correctly like I am wanting it to. You would think that selecting a grouping of polys and paste over to the side this would work but nouser added image, I am missing something here.user added image

What is the proper way of doing this?user added image

Thanks in Advanceuser added image

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by PenPixels; 19-11-2011 at 04:30 PM.
# 2 19-11-2011 , 04:44 PM
The thin red line
Edit mesh then duplicate face is that what you are after............dave

# 3 19-11-2011 , 04:54 PM
Subscriber
Dangit now it's stuck to the arm section. I need to copy away from the part so when I bring it back I can put it where I need it to go.

Right now after Edit Mesh and Duplicate, it places it with the mesh. Sorry for this. It's that I am not use to the way thing operate here in Maya.

when you copy something it copies over to the side. Not on top of the thing your coping from. Maybe it's me, sorry user added image

Dave I am doing just that. Once I Edit Mesh / Duplicate. Maya place the copied section together from the area I copied fromuser added image. what may I be doing wrong here.

Sorry about this. Yes there is the arrow but when I go to move it everything move together. That is not what I want.

Thanks

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by PenPixels; 19-11-2011 at 06:31 PM.
# 4 19-11-2011 , 05:44 PM
The thin red line
When you duplicate it gives you a move arrow, just move to where you need it......dave

# 5 19-11-2011 , 06:32 PM
Subscriber
Dave Look up I attached a screen grab to show you what's happening here.

Never mind I figured it out user added image

Thanks.

Last edited by PenPixels; 19-11-2011 at 06:37 PM.